- 4 conchs
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ¾ cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Finely chop or grind conch and combine with chopped vegetables
- Add lightly beaten egg
- In separate bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt
- Add dry ingredients to conch mixture and stir well until evenly blended
- Season with pepper & hot pepper sauce to your liking
- Form into 1 to 2 inch balls
- Heat oil in deep fryer, pan or skillet deep enough to submerge fritters. Oil must be at 375 degrees to avoid scorching or absorbing too much oil.
- Add Fritters one at a time waiting a few seconds to avoid quickly reducing the oil temperature. Fry approximately 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown, turning the fritters when they rise to the surface to insure even cooking.
- Remove and drain on paper towel and serve with your favorite sauce. Here’s one good one to try.
NOTES Key Lime Sauce- Mix 1 cup mayonnaise with 5 tablespoons of Dijon mustard. Add 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed Key Lime juice (2-3 key limes). Salt and pepper to taste
Notice: Undefined index: html5 in /home/outdoors/public_html/wp-content/plugins/facebook-comments-plugin/class-frontend.php on line 140